In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
If you want to convert from a particular religion to the Islam but you have many questions about it. These all are very simple and easy for any Muslim or Islamic believer.
Q. I want to convert to Islam. What to do?
Peace be upon you,
Allah has enlighten your heart towards the best and unique religion Islam. You must have a good intention in your heart to be a Muslim. You must not be of extremists nor hypocrites, this is strictly restricted after embracing Islam. Make sure your heart is completely satisfied and you have not any type of compulsion to convert from any specific faith to Islam. God will not identify you as a believer (Muslim) if you are not mentally/physically satisfied for converting. Because the God said in the Qur’an:
Let there be no compulsion in religion, truth stands out clear from error. (Qur’an 2:256)
There are some notifications which should be endorsed before accepting Islam. These notifications are:
- There is one God who is Allah. There is no God except him. He can do everything, he is everlasting, he is endless and startless. (also accept other names of Allah).
- God is neither male nor female. He is not an idle, He is spirit and light (Qur’an 24:36).
- Follow (must) the laws made by Qur’an and the Ahadiths (sayings of the prophet Muhammad pbuh).
- He created everything in nature, He created mankind, first Adam and Eve. He created this world, Heavens, and Hell.
- He sent his chosen noble servants (i.e. men) to convey people to the light, which are called prophets.
- There are almost 124,000 prophets of God which were arrived in different eras in different regions. In them 309 were given scriptures by God down to the earth and 4 were allotted holy books. These four were Moses, David, Jesus and Muhammad (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon them all)
- These four holy books are Torah, Psalms, Gospel and Qur’an.
- Adam was the first prophet of God which is his servant.
- Prophet Muhammad is the last and final messenger/prophet of God which is his beloved servant.
- All prophets were Muslim (i.e. believer of the God and the final day)
- Qur’an is the final inspired word of God. It is unchanged, sent to Muhammad (P.B.U.H) for guidance of the world.
After endorsing these, you need to speak the following written Arabic text.
Note:- Reading Arabic is must to become a MuslimASH-HADU AL’LAH ILA’HA ILL’AL’LAH WA ASH-HADU AN’NA MUHAMMAD’AR RASULULLAH “I bear witness that no one deserves to be worshiped except Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah”
If you read this above text then you should bath and go to shower to wash yourself and change your clothes to some [pure] clothes.
Although we heartily congratulate you for becoming an Islamist. You need to perform Islamic obligations in order to be a perfect Muslim. If you not fulfilling the performances of the Islamic duties, then you are not a perfect Muslim. To perform these obligations you need advice. We shall surely provide you.
- Five Times Prayer
- Fast in every day of Ramadan
- Eating & Drinking under dietary laws of Islam
- Hajj (if you are capable)
- Zakah (every year 2.5% of saving devoted to 7 poor men categories)
Islam is always a religion of peace and justice. God said in the Qur’an:
“And the servants of Allah are those who walked on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say ‘Peace'” (Qur’an 25:63)
Points to be Noted
- Your all previous sins that you do in past (as an ignorant) will be forgiven according to Shariah law which is completely based on the concepts of Qur’an and Ahadith (sayings of Prophet Muhammad [Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him and to his family]). If you do shirk (worshiped another deity other than God) before accepting you will be forgiven but if you do after it, it will never be forgiven by God.
- You need to learn ‘Salah’ (obligatory prayer) for praying five times a day. It is very necessary and if you do not obligate it, in the hereafter you will be one of the losers.
- Learn Arabic language, if you want to discover Islam more and more by reading the Qur’an with actual wording. It is not necessary nor complicated to understand. Qur’an is in Arabic language which is a derived from that of Hebrew language.
However, you can have more questions about Islam. We shall answer your appealed query if you comment below.